"Cruisin" out to sea with Carnival Day 1

Ahh the joys of being on the open sea, just seeing nothing but waves in the ocean and getting a front row seat to beautiful sunrises and sunsets. I am very excited to write these next few posts, because my adventure was nothing short of amazing! Since I have never been on a cruise, a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas on the Carnival Liberty was the perfect start (and if your like me, before I was off the boat I was planning my next cruise). Yes, there are tons of great stories to share, but here I am going to talk to you about the awesome food and drinks I had while out to sea! I had set expectations and the Carnival team just blew them out of the water! So ready to hear what I had? Sorry for little to no pictures, seeing how this was a tech-free trip and taking pictures during dinner was kind of a no no.

So after going through check in, etc. the moment we boarded the ship we headed for the bar (and we only did that because we could not go to our room yet). I highly recommend buying the drink package on any Carnival cruise; it was definitely worth the money (and trust me, once you see the cost of drinks you will be glad you bought it). We were lucky since our stateroom was on the Lido Deck (aka the deck to be on because that is where a lot of the action is). On the Lido deck you would can find The Red Frog Rum Bar (aka, the place I ordered most of my drinks from), The Blue Iguana Tequila Bar (I stayed away from), and then food places (i.e. Guy's Burger Bar, Buffett stations, endless ice cream, Pizza Pirate and then another bar next to the inclosed pool). 

Walking up to the bar, I had no idea what drinks were to be found there, but my sister was quick to share her favorite drink, Kiss on the Lips. Now my first impression of this drink was that it was a fruity cocktail served with an umbrella on top (and oh was I right). After placing our order and handing over our Sign and Sail Card we had our first drinks onboard (and we haven't even left port). One sip of this drink and I already imagined sitting out on the deck, getting tan, sipping this awesome cocktail.Want to know what goes in it? Well here, let me share with you.

Kiss On The Lips

1-1 1/2oz of peach schnapps
4-6oz frozen mango mix
1 tbsp of grenadine
Ice

All you need to do is blend some ice, peach schnapps and frozen mango mix together and you have yourself a Kiss On the Lips. Now as for the grenadine, use that tablespoon and drizzle it around the glass, so when you pour in the frozen mixture it all blends together. Topped with an orange slice, cherry and mini umbrella; you have the perfect frozen cocktail for any cruise excursion. This was my go-to drink for the entire 3 day cruise, and I can honestly say, each time I ordered the drink it did not disappoint. 

Now this wasn't the only cocktail I indulged in while onboard the Carnival Liberty; one thing I wish I went to but didn't was go to the Alchemy Bar. A unique bar with specialty cocktails, they will surely prescribe you something amazing from their "pharmacy" to help you enjoy your night and have something you have never had before.

Now these aren't the only two places to score some awesome drinks while onboard, like I mentioned earlier in my post, there are a list of other places to snag either a Kiss On the Lips or one of Carnival's other great cocktail creations! 

Well I hope you enjoyed this post, and I can't wait to keep sharing with you my awesome food adventure I had while out to sea! So have I made your decision on your next meal choice while onboard the Carnival Liberty? I sure hope so! The next time you are wondering where to go for a good meal, sweet treat or homemade recipe, come right here and this southern girl will take care of you.

Remember: Missy's Munchies is the munchies fix to help your munchies kicks!

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dining with Chip and Dale around the Garden Grill

"Drawing" up another Charleston Restaurant Week

The Palmetto State "Blossoms" on this next Charleston favorite